Leaving Pearson without incident
July 17, 2022
Well this is something that I didn't think I would be doing now! As much as I LOVED to travel BC (before COVID), The world has changed and dragged many a travel plan along with it.
Sometimes though, the universe conspires. When that happens a body oughta listen and so off we go!
Our dear Irish friends Margaret and Patrick Murphy made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They called, somewhat out of the blue, a few weeks ago, to tell us that they were going back to Ireland to visit family.
Margaret's nephew was leaving his house in Dublin for three weeks. As the house sits alone with cars in the driveway, if we wanted to join them on this trip home, they would extend the visit to three weeks to include a holiday as well. My mother, who has been terrified of COVID and of the idea that sooner or later we would set out once again on our exploits, was the first person to speak up and claim I would be a fool to pass up this opportunity! Thus, despite the many reasons that this is not an ideal time to be setting off so far away from home, off we go!!
I promised my mother that I would restart the blog and post pictures as we go. If anyone else would like to follow along, welcome to our Irish adventure!
While travel from behind an N95 is a constant reminder that the world has changed, the horror stories of airport woes were highly overstated in our experience. A few minutes here and there while we waited for connections so other people wouldn't miss their flight. I would be thrilled if it were me, so I won't complain!



A carry-on and a backpack for 3 weeks! I am so impressed!! Wow!
ReplyDelete