Day 12 Dingle
Heading out of Limerick today, again toward the western coast. This time the destination of the next couple of days is the Dingle Peninsula.
Once again driving through lush countryside I am the entertainment for the trip as they laugh at how excited I can get over a field of sheep. Fair perhaps, but come on...those fat and fluffy creatures covering lush green pastures...in fields designated by hand build rock walls...watched over by stone cottages, ocassionally thatched stone cottages...all nesting between the Kerry Mountains and the sea...who is not squealing in delight!!
Our destination for the evening is a B&B along the waterfront in Dingle. The view from our window is fantasic, even in the rain. Never one to be deterred by weather, it's not long before we are exploring Dingle's charms. In Newfoundland we would call this a mauzy day! Speaking of Newfoundland, there is a sign here in town apparently, we haven't yet seen it, that claims that the next parish over is Boston. Wrong! Next parish over is absolutley Newfoundland! Exploring this little town it isn't hard to imagine a connection - other than the weather!
We found a great little pub for dinner. John Benny's Pub was cosy, the people friendly and the food and drink very welcome. A wander of the town was wonderful too, even on a mauzy old day!
With apologies to anyone who has been to Dingle, these pictures are in very random order. I have been trying to upload pictures for two days but internet here is not great. I finally was able to do it, but they didn't uploaded in the order I set. NOT starting again so here is Dingle...in no particular order!
The Half Door ... means much the same as "the wrong side of the tracks".

























Comments
Post a Comment